«
»

Monday, December 28, 2009

Its Working

Talked with my daddy last night. It's hard for me to not be hard on my parents. They're supposed to be perfect! Lol. I'm not easy on myself but I feel like they should be the example and I forget they are just people trying to make their way in this world too.
I'm such a selfish person when it comes to my time. I do what I want and I don't usually want to plan time to just sit and talk with people. I feel like its a waste of time. (*gasp from the audience). I always thought it was far better to be Doing something to help people than just talking about it. This seems contradictive to my usual actions, right? Because I'm always talking. I manage somehow to run into at least one person I know wherever I go. I don't plan that. What I'm talking about now is setting aside time specifically for visiting with others. I like that to be happenstance. I visit as I do other things. In high school, I'd talk to people in the hallways or at drill or track practice, CAP, or church. I didn't go for the people, that just worked out that way. My socialization comes from my need to be involved doing something. This has caused me to lose a few friends along the way because they don't feel like I care enough for them when in fact I do. I think a lot about the people I care the most for but I don't necessarily spend more time with them. My dad especially. I don't always like talking to him on the phone simply because its hard to get off the phone with him but I know I can go to him for anything and I do love him. I'd go to him before almost anyone else(depends on what the situation is) if anything I'd go to him second.
Just so you know, if you are reading this thinking Robyn probably doesn't care about me because she never talks to me, the case is most likely the opposite. I probably do care about you a whole lot. I absolutely love my friends and even people that aren't my friends. I just stay busy enough to not be the one to contact them. If they message me, I'll get back to them when I can. I do want to hang out, I do miss you, I do care. I just have other things that I feel obligated to do until then.
I'm working on this aspect of me. I'm trying to be a person who makes time for friends and family and will go aside to just talk and see how things are.
I have my friend and roommate, Emily, to thank for pointing out how valuable that can be and how much of a difference it can make in my life as well as the lives of those around me.

0 comments: