«
»

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Problem with Problems

I often worry about my problems. Most people do. It's especially a bad thing when I do. Everybody's got problems. Some run from them, or at least try to. My problem with problems is that instead of solving it, rather than run from it, I sit there and look at it. I pick it up, analyze it like crazy. I put it down and look at it from a different angle, come up with all kinds of theories of where it came from and why it's here now. Then I gawk at it and the fact that it's attached to me and I am the sole individual who must deal with it. I don't like it. I want to rid myself of it. But I don't. Not that I don't try to. I try to get around it. This ball and chain just sits there weighing down on me, hindering me from what I want to do what I need to do, and I want it off. I know I've got other things to do and it will be much harder with that extra weight. I think I can just drag it around and still accomplish everything with it right there beside me. I don't get very far. So I get frustrated with it. Yell at it, kick it, it's still there, unscathed. As for my poor foot however, it suffered in the end. I didn't actually do anything helpful, I just hurt myself more. This year I will be a senior in high school which means college is right around the corner. 4 years of independence. I want to grow throughout that length of time into someone much better than I am today. I will. But it starts now.

0 comments: