«
»

Monday, June 30, 2008

Impatient Imperfection

While on the USS Yorktown, we were given an opportunity to write an essay on an individual we consider to be a leader. The author of the essay selected as the best was given one hundred dollars (I did not say the author of the best essay because I did not get to read all of them, so the one that was chosen may have not been the overall best, but rather the favorite). It was not required but I wrote one anyway. Can you blame me? All I have to do is write 500 words or less about leadership qualities and I'll have a shot at a hundred bucks? You bet I'm in. Mine was about Amelia Earhart. It was not chosen (I did not pass GO) and I did not receive (collect) one hundred dollars. I did, however, write an essay that I was proud of. They told me I would get my essay back. I have yet to acquire it. Once it is in my possession, I will post in on here. For now, I have this:

I try hard, but I fail miserably.
I used to want to quit, but the fact that my dreams are almost unattainable pushes me that much harder to get there.
Even if others talents and accomplishments surpass mine, I will feel more successful if I have done my best and they have not. How sad to have done so much and yet leave the world and its people at a loss because you only gave ten percent. Just think of what would be different if you gave that other 90 percent which has already wasted away into nothingness. How much better could it be? If only one tenth of your capability can benefit several individuals, is it not worth that extra effort for several more? What price will you pay? For your rewards are much greater than their cost.

0 comments: